It is with great pleasure that I present my new website, in which you will find detailed information about our premises and the different branches of our specialty which may be of interest to you. The professionals that make up the multidisciplinary team at the “Instituto Dr. Blanch” cover all the aspects of plastic and aesthetic surgery, aesthetic medicine, laser treatments, dietetics and nutrition, psychology and cosmetic treatments. All the specialists who work with me have broad experience and have as a main goal to offer you the best results.
Form the experience I have acquired in medicine and surgery throughout all these years, both as an active specialist and a teacher, I have learnt about the great importance of what we do and above all of how we do it. And that is the driving force that moves us to obtain the best results with the least surgical attitude. Ultimately, we wish to understand our patients’ concerns and expectations. Only this way will it be possible, both for you and for us, to take serious, clear decisions about what can and should be done.
I am certain that before taking the decision of undergoing surgery, it is imperative to listen to the patients carefully, to fully inform them of the details of the procedure, the pros and cons. In my specialty, there are other non-surgical procedures worth knowing about and implementing. All these methods simultaneously combined have excellent results and are less traumatic for the patient.
At current times, in which society is a slave to the dictatorship of beauty, we must be extremely coherent and serious about what we must and must not do, as we must be responsible and solidary with the society we live in.
After many years working as a surgeon in and out of Spain, I am certain that any medical-surgical technique is good as long as it manages to achieve an important goal: WE CAN ALL FEEL BETTER.
Thoroughness and Excellence in the result are my main goals.
Specialty degree on Plastic, Aesthetic and Repairing surgery by the University of Milan (Italy). First position in the “Italian National Exam for Public Service” to study the Specialty on Plastic, Aesthetic and Repairing Surgery with a scholarship from the Italian Ministry of Universities at the University of Milan, being the first non Italian member of the EEC to obtain it.
Degree on Medicine and Surgery by the University of Barcelona.
Specialty Thesis under the title: “Interventi Chirurgici tendenti alla rianimazione del volto in casi recenti ed inveterati nella paralisi del nervo faciale”, read and defended in the University of Milan.
Thesis Director: Prof. Alberto Azzolini and Co-rapporteur: Dr. Maurizio Petrolati.
- Intern student by Public Examination in the Department of General Surgery at the Hospital Clinic of Barcelona.
- Assistant surgeon in the Department of General Surgery of the Hospital Clinic of Barcelona. Surgeon for four years in the Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery in the Ospedale Universitario San Donato (Milan).
- Surgeon at the Ospedale Civile di Legnano (Milan) at the Plastic and Hand Surgery Service.
- At the beginning of 1989, collaborator at the Hershey Hospital University of Pennsylvania with Prof. Ernest. K. Manders for the research and development of cutaneous expansion.
- Surgeon for over ten years in the team of Aesthetic Surgery Service of Dr. A. Tapia in Barcelona.
- Head of Service at the Plastic and Aesthetic Surgery Unit of the Institut Universitari Dexeus, 2000-2003.
- Plastic and Aesthetic Surgery Service Director at the Hospital General de Catalunya, 2003-2005.
- Contracted Professor of Plastic, Repairing and Aesthetic Surgery of the II Professorship of Chirurgia Plasica e Riconstruttiva della Universitá degli Studi di Milano (Prof. Luca Vaienti).
- At present,Director of the “Institut Agustin Blanch Cirugía Plástica y Medicina Estética”.
- Plastic Surgeon of the MAZ, Mutual Insurance Company for Occupational Accidents, at the Clinica San Honorat of Barcelona (from 1997 until today).
- Professor of Plastic and Aesthetic Surgery since 2006 at the Università Degli Studi di Milano, Catedra di Chirurgia Plastica ed Recosttrutiva. Direttore, Prof. Luca Vaienti.
- Director of the annual course “Anatomic Dissection in Aesthetic Facial Surgery”, from 2002 in its five editions. Universitat Autònoma of Barcelona.
- Director of the course on facial surgery “Breakthroughs in facial surgery, new techniques”, 2001. Institut Universitari Dexeus.
Collaboration in the project: Immunity and biomaterials. Immunological basis of late side-effects to biomaterials of biomedical use. Fundació Institut de Recerca Hospital Universitari Vall d’Hebron (FIRHUVH).
- Participation in most National and International Congresses of the specialty as a speaker or a moderator at the scientific tables.
- Publications about Aesthetic Surgery and Facial Lifting, besides some articles about cutaneous expansion in several international and Spanish magazines.
- Usual lecturer of topics related to the updates in Aesthetic Surgery, Hand Surgery and Microsurgery.
- Founding member of the Spanish Society of Therapeutic Applications of Fat Transplants (SETGRA).
- Founding Member of the Spanish Society of Anti-Aging and Longevity Medicine (SEMAL).
- Member of IPRAS, International Confederation for Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery.
- Numerary Member of the Spanish Society of Plastic, Repairing and Aesthetic Surgery (member of the governing board in the years 2001-2003).
- Numerary Mmeber of the Società Italiana di Chirurgia Plastica Ricostruttiva ed Estetica.
- Numerary Member of the AECEP, Spanish Association of Aesthetic and Plastic Surgeons.
- Numerary Member of the Catalan Society of Plastic and Aesthetic Surgery (Vicepresident of the governing board from 2005 to 2009).
- Numerary Member of the Catalan Society of Surgery.